Re: IEE wants to hear you!

國際學生政大或台灣留學經驗分享交流<br>
A platform for international students to share experience of studying in Taiwan or NCCU
johnney
Site Admin
文章: 1737
註冊時間: 4月 週二 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Re: IEE wants to hear you!

文章johnney » 2月 週四 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Dear,

I first heard about NCCU through my brother. He graduated from the MBA Program at the College of Commerce a few years ago. Apart from the insights my brother gave me regarding the University, I also explored the official University, IEE, Program and related websites to gain more information. I consider myself fortunate to have a basic understanding of the Chinese language and found that the Chinese version of the website provides at least three times more information than the English version. I believe this is something that the University can further improve on.

There are quite a few reasons why I chose NCCU's International MBA Program, among them:
1. A strong recommendation by my brother's thesis adviser pertaining to the strengths of the program;
2. The supposed internationalized academics and student body; and
3. The strong reputation of the University's Business School;

What I appreciate most from my experience during the first semester is the Office of International Programs at the College of Commerce. This office immediately made students feel welcome and comfortable in a new environment, It strongly aided us as we began exploring various facets of the academic experience in NCCU.

I believe that NCCU provides students with a platform to grow (or continue growing) and become a well-rounded individual. However, there is a lack of promotion of the facilities and services available in the University. What I found disappointing is the existence of bureaucracy in some of the offices that I've encountered once in a while.

In the above paragraphs, I have answered the questions you have posed. I believe that the internationalization and globalization of the University could best be achieved through the collaboration among your office, the various programs, the administration, professors and the entire student body. Just to provide you with additional information, I learned from another Taiwan scholarship recipient studying in National Cheng Kung University that she learned of the IMBA program there through NCKU's partnership agreement with Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines, the second-ranked private university and the third-ranked university (overall) in the Philippines.

I hope you find the details I mentioned above to your satisfaction, should you need to clarify anything, please feel free to e-mail to me your concerns using either English or Mandarin Chinese.

Warm regards,

Jovilyn Cotio

回到「國際學生經驗分享區 Experience Sharing for International Student」